Re: Tire PSI

To: ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca
Subject: Re: Tire PSI
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Richard M Morrison)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 18:00:55 EDT
On Sat, 24 May 1997 23:08:42 -0700 (PDT) EMILY COWEN
<ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca> writes:
>Hi Rick Morrison!!
>
>On Fri, 23 May 1997, Richard M Morrison wrote:
>
>>  I'm running 195/60 X14 Pirelli's and am quite happy with the basic
>> pressures recommended by the owners manual. (27 F; 22 R). Although I
>do
>                                               ^^^^^^^^^^
>What the heck are you driving?? or do you like oversteer...
>
>TTUl8r, Kirk Cowen   (who admits to messing around with tyre pressures
>                      to see what oversteer would be like...)
OK, OK, you guys caught me in an actual typo.  Somewhere about the second
dram of the Scottish native beverage I got the front and rear mixed up.
(not, by the way, an unusual state of affairs).  I meant 22F - 27R.

Oh, a good definition of understeer/oversteer ;

Understeer is when the car slides off the corner and hits the tree head
on.

Oversteer is when the car slides of the corner and backs into the tree.

Rick:>)