Re: Dashpot oil

To: RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 20:15:34 -0400 (EDT)

<< Is there a common oil that will substitute for the dashpot oil for my
SU's?
 Just trying to avoid sending away for it.

People seem to use anything from transmission fluid to Marvel Mystery oil.  I
use 10w30 motor oil in mine and have always had good luck with it during
normal summer temperatures.  During the colder season, it (10w30) may be a
bit thick until the engine warms things up.

I have used the Marvel oil (a top oil) just to compare, and really didn't
notice any difference, maybe a little when things were cold for the first few
minutes but after that, no noticable difference.

Scott Helms
1957  100-6 BN4L - 0 - 49881
1958  TR3A TS35306L
1958  MGA  HDA4346400