Re: Oil Pressure

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 20:49:20 -0700
Ross MacPherson wrote:

> I've a right gusher pouring down the back side
> of the block from the valve cover, back right side.  I used a new cork
> gasket but didn't put any sealant on  either surface.  What should I do?  As
> Scott says I've got to get in here to adjust the valves regularly ( probably
> a lot more often than he does!) Ergo, no sealant...
>
> I await your pearls of wisdom.....

Ross et al,
   I would recommend Permatex's new aerosol sealer, "The Right Stuff."
   It looks like a can of spray cheese.

*Attention wealthy LBC Owners!Do not leave this sealer near the Canape
tray during your fabulous soirees!*

When  installing a valve cover gasket, I always seal the gasket to the
valve cover only. That keeps it out of the way, and yet anchors it
securely for a non-slip re-installation.

My 0.02,
-Vince
San Antonio