Eng - xmission install

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Eng - xmission install
From: "Larry Pitts" <fuzzy@castles.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 08:44:52 -0700
Greetings,
           Not much response to my last post. Are the shouldered bolt/ spring
washers necessary for mounting the gear shift lever to the transmission??
Any tricks to installing the eng/tranny as a unit. I had the back end up on
jack stands. It went in but only after some banging around. I'd hate to
think that will be the way I'll install the next one in my freshly painted
engine compartment! One last question, installing the transmission cross
member was not an easy task. After several hours I finally  bolted the
cross member  to the frame allowing the weight of the transmission to rest
on the rubber mounts and then with an awl try to line up the holes. Not
pretty !  Is there an easier way?
        Good turn out at the British Car show and swap in Dixon, Ca, last week.
Lots of nice cars and good junk at the swap. Looking forward to Chico in
June.

                                        Larry Pitts
                                        fuzzy@castles.com