Re: Results of Dashpot Question

To: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Results of Dashpot Question
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:16:22 -0700
Ray:

The later distributors seem to have despelled useing the felt bit. It went
in the center of the cam.The purpose was to let oil lubricate the center
shaft from the cam.The advance mechanisim was prone to freezing up if it
went dry. Some of the late distributors,including Mallory used a felt piece
that wiped directly on the cam lobes to keep them lubricated.

Cheers: