GT to Roadster Wiper Motor Mod's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT to Roadster Wiper Motor Mod's
From: Joanne Hershfield/Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 14:48:30 -0400 (EDT)
Question on the Wiper Motor.. for the MGB..

I transplanted a Wiper Motor from my 73 MGB/GT to my '69B and had to
change the gear deal inside to make the blades stop on the left side
instead of the right as the GT does.... This worked by if I recall
correctly, (it was several years ago) by changing a little pin or
something on the gear....

Now the question is, are my blades an inch too long, or is there another
way to adjust the full travel of the blades, they are going too far over
and they are goughing the rubber seal around the windsheild, the height of
the sweep is good, about 3/4" from the top of the windshield and they stop
just right, on the bottom seal, they just go over too far, the end of the
blade goes off the windscreen about an inch....

anyone else dealt with an adjustment like this on the wiper motor....

Thanks for any usefull motor internall advice... it is a bear, I want to
know if I can tweek the travel before I pull this baby out again......
Thanks./.....

Jim Fink
'64, '67. Deaders.. sort of
'69 BRG B Daily....
Hey, stop raining in INDIANAPOLIS....... let the games begin.....