Re: Delco alternator/bolt it right on

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Delco alternator/bolt it right on
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 07:01:15
At 07:17 AM 5/26/97 -0500, David Deutsch wrote:
>Page 45 of MGB Driver (the North American MGB Register's "Journal") has
>an advert for: "Rebuilt Delco 62 amp Alternators modified to bolt on
>your MGB, 20 minute installation  $129.95, Also available: U.S. made
>fan motors for 1977-1980 MGB, Keep your engine cool for only $46.95."
>
>Stepping on to soap box now, proceed with caution: Membership in at
>least one of the national clubs is absolutely neccessary to insure you
>recieve the most update info around. Granted that I was labeled a
>"fanatic" in lew of"enthusiast" quite some time ago. The secret to
>successfully keeping these car on the road is having the info available
>to you in term of do it yourself advice and/or where to take your LBC
>went problem solving is apparently beyond your skill level or requires
>work area you don't have. Membership in a club will help you when the
>chips are down.  Of course, the icing on the cake is the friendships
>you can make but do I really need to hang out in an English pub in the
>middle of Carlisle village, having dinner with the likes of, V8 driving
>Englishman Percussionist living in St. Louis and Scottish paperhangers
>living in Central Jersey along with Jag parts salesman(and son) from
>IL, Lawyer from Manhattan and I'm not sure what the "limey" from Ct.
>does(as little as possible is what I gathered)? I will tell you that
>one evening with a bunch like this can do one of a few things: either,
>1- put alot of confused thoughts into perspective for you or 2-
>deminish any hope you may have had in the future of mankind, 3- make
>you ask the question "yeah but, is ANYBODY really normal?"
>
>Join a club and stay informed. Get involved and maybe gain whole new
>outlook on life.
>
>Safety Fast, David Deutsch

Dave do you have a specific point to be made about the advert for the Delco
alternator?  If so is this based on personal experience?  If it isn't what
it says it is etc maybe the editor of the Driver should be informed to
check out advertisers a bit closer etc?  I do agree with the remainder of
your posting!!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca