RE: MGA question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MGA question
From: phil sims <phil@wilsongriak.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 13:43:15 -0600
>From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
>To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <karim.marouf@cancom.com>
>Subject: RE: MGA question
>Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 14:09:56 -0400
>Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net
>
>karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:
>
>> On the passenger-side inner fender on an MGA, is there
>> supposed to be a weld or join line a few inches above where
>> the shock absorber sticks out?
>
>Uhhhhh ... not that I recall, but since I'm an OF I will double
>check this eve ... if I remember ... ;^)
>
>Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
>'61 MGA 1600 MkII Roadster

Like many of the faithful I have a "Memory by Lucas"... I do seem to recall
when my 60 MGA bodyshell was stripped to bare metal seeing the weld in
question. May have something to do with the extra dimple or depression in
that panel to accomodate the 4" diameter air hose to the heater.

Phil Sims
Wilson-Griak,Inc.
(612)377-7900
phil@wilsongriak.com