Re: Midget Fuel System Follow Up

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Midget Fuel System Follow Up
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:36:10 -0500
Thanks for all the Help!

It was a vacuum leak on the intake manifold, the large 3/4 Plug in front
of the rear carb was loose and sucking in air.  I also adjusted the fuel
jets two flats richer.

Although I am going change it back, I did find a cheap fuel pump that
works fine. I think that I will carry it as a spare just in case "you
know what"!  It is a Purolator Pro #42S available as a aftermarket pump
everywhere.  It is spec. is 1.5 to 4 PSI and 30 Gal Per hour, two wires
and "solid state".  It is a little noisy but it would get you home for
$27.95.

Again, thanks for all the help.  What did we do before computers?

Mark
70 Midget (running good now)