ZA Magnette

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ZA Magnette
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 12:12:02 EDT
My partner has just acquired a very nice B so has decided that his ZA
Magnette "project" has to find a new home.

The car is a life-long California car, with no rust whatsoever (most
unusual for a Maggot!). Apart from a small dent in a rear fender there is
no damage. It does, however, need painting (unless you like faded red
with lots of scratches!). The interior is complete and original but,
again, is old and tired. The tail-lamps are missing but their plinths are
there. (Austin-Healey BJ8 units appear to be the same lamps.)

The engine is apart and missing the cylinder head, but the rest of the
mechanicals are in place. (We put a 5-main B engine mated to a Datsun
5-speed gearbox in a customer's Magnette a year or so ago; what a nice
car it is now! We have a couple of 5-speeds and some engines, too.......)

If anyone is interested in restoring a Magnette, this has to be one of
the best "cores" around. Sensible offers to Steve at this e-mail address
or 916-676-7226, please.
(The car is in Cameron Park, CA, near Sacramento.)

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com