Re: Pertronix electronic ignition: What are the benefits?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pertronix electronic ignition: What are the benefits?
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:43:20 -0400 (EDT)
I was also following this thread closely after my installation of my allison
electronic ignition and new distributor.  Let me thank all of you who
replied, I was able to set up the unit within an hour.  I have one last
question about the system.  When I replaced the old Lucas 25 distributor, a
vacuum hose from the carbs needed to be disconnected, and I assume that it
was for the vacuum advance.  On my 45DM distributor, I can't find anyplace to
install this hose.  Do I need the vacuum advance with the electronic igniton?
 The engine is running well, but I'm not sure how it will drive.  Any
suggestion?
~Mike

"This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us:  Sean Combs remixed a
version of the classic Police track 'Every Breath You Take" as a tribute to
dead rapper Biggie Smalls."