Re: Computer shit

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Computer shit
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 17:59:30 -0400 (EDT)
I couldn't agree with you more!  My former vehicle, '86 plym**th turismo,
2.2l had a similar experience.  One cold day, the temp gauge started to rise
until the car stopped running.  No lockup, so seizure, just stopped.  Popped
the hood to see nothing wrong, no steam or overheating radiator.  After a tow
to a garage, they tell me that the computer module is out.  Fried.  New one
from Lee Iacocca - $650.  Junkyard price - $300.  Brought the car to a
relative and we dismantled the whole computer network system.  Took us a
month, but it was worth it.  The only side effect was a fan that ran by
manual switch.  Haven't had a problem since then with the computer module.
Moral of the story:  I like to be able to make the car run BETTER than it ran
when it was new.  On an MGB, that means Weber carbs and a big exhaust.  On a
newer vehicle that means removing the computer that regulates everything.
 Before the computer, the turismo needed a factory muffler to run right.
 After the conversion, I could run a flowmaster for more power.
I would never recommend this for anyone who runs a nice, new car.  On an old
junker, it was a neat experience...who cares if it wouldn't pass emissions?
~Mike