Re: Ungh, LUCAS

To: tboicey@brit.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ungh, LUCAS
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:15:20 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-10 03:49:19 EDT, tboicey@brit.ca (Trevor Boicey)
writes:

>  Mistake, I decided for fun to fix the intermittent
>  courtesy light indicators on the door. This means removing
>  the door check straps, and then taking the thing out. A
>  big endeavor, only to realize that the drivers side door
>  one is basically a sealed unit. I can't really do anything
>  with it out either, waste of time.

Trevor:

FWIW, I managed to repair the door switches on my TR6, which I assume are
very similar to yours. I used a very fine toothed saw (Exacto) to carefully
saw around the body, without cutting any thing inside. After cleaning the
contacts well, I super-glued it back together. That was 6 years ago, with no
more problems.

New switches are so cheap that it's not really worth the trouble, but it's
just my nature to prefer to repair rather than replace.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74