Re: Funway FYI

To: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: Funway FYI
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:11:18 -0500
Hello Aron:

As one of my sets of vanity plates reads "MRMOPAR" I guess I should answer
this one.  None of the regular Mopar passenger vehicles used alternators
until 1960 BUT they were used on taxi and police cars - which were always a
special product line at Chrysler - from some time in the mid to early
fifties.  I would have to do some checking, which I don't have time for at
the moment, to confirm the exact dates.  As Chrysler converted all vehicles
to 12 volt in 1956, it is entirely possible that some 6 volt alternators
exist, but they would be very rare.

John McEwen