Re: plug color

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, karim.marouf@cancom.com
Subject: Re: plug color
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 18:04:32 +0000
karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:

> Is the spark plug color really a good indication of how the carbs are tuned?
> If so, how should the car be driven before you test them--should you
> accelerate and then immediately push in the clutch and cut the ignition, or
> is it is okay to let the car idle a short time afterwards?
>
> Karim
> '67 MGB-GT

Personally, I only use the plug colour as a general guide to the
condition of a cylinders components.

For mixture adjustment I just use lifting pins and the Mark I ear.  I
tried colourtune some years ago but it seemed to only give a coarse
indication.  I also used a vacuum gauge, but found that of far more use
when adjusting timing.

PaulH