Re:Amazing gas mileage!

To: "G.J." <johnsong@is2.dal.ca>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:Amazing gas mileage!
From: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@odin.cbu.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:36:57 -0600
At 06:50 PM 6/12/97 -0300, G.J. wrote:
 couldn't believe it.

>My latest tank was 36 mpg (30mpUSg), so I guess it wasn't a fluke: 75% top
>up(highway).  It's been warm and she's leaned out.  Best I've got in the
>past is about 28mpg.

Doesn't seem to be that amazing to me.  My regularly tuned '70 MGB gets
just over 30 mpg in light city traffic and I like to rev too.  Once I get a
new header and camshaft in with a rebuild of the engine, she should hit
well into the mid 30's for gas mileage.  Am I alone in this, or does not
everyone get this type of mileage.

BTW, can anyone recommend any other companies besides Brit-Tek for rebuild
components.  I think I'll go to them for parts since they are really
helpful and have good, fact-based recommendations.

jay