Re: Pulling gearbox, what else?

To: atravis@spacey.net, steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net
Subject: Re: Pulling gearbox, what else?
From: Steve Gibbons <steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:04:15 -0700
A long while back, Aron Travis suggested the following (WRT pulling my
engine/tranny):
> The very first thing you should do is remove the hood/bonnet, mark the
> position of the hinges so you can reconnect it in exactly the same

Actually, we used a trick taught to me by my uncle, rather than removing the
hood, I just disconnected the arm that connects it to the body, tied a rope
around the latch, and then
tied the rope to the bumper so that the hood/bonnet was at a 90degree angle.

Why futz with it if you don't have to?

--
Steve