Re: Long trip... getting more space

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Long trip... getting more space
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 11:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
Couldn't aluminum strips be bent over with a lip to catch the boot lid,
and made in 2 pieces (for each side) so that they overlap and slide.  A
slot would be in 1 half, and a bolt and wingnut could hold them together.
I like the idea of the suction cups to keep it away from the paint.  Any
standard type luggage rack could be bolted to this thing.  (If you're
having trouble picturing this, think of the original MGA rack, with the
strips underneath contoured to the boot lid).  I don't even have a B so
I'm just thinking out loud here, but it seems to ME like it would work and
not look to bad.

Tom
'60 MGA 1600 (no luggage rack)