Re: Webers and sparkplugs

To: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Webers and sparkplugs
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:10:50 -0400

>Warning: Any platinum plug will not tolerate any amount, or form, of
>lead.  It destroys the catalytic function of the platinum.  Do not buy
>cheap, off brand gas.  Stick to the brands that have passed the (bmw)
>50,000 mile injector test, and your plugs will live, and prosper!

Will they tolerate the use of a lead substitute? I just bought a '65
Sprite. The PO, who was a good PO, always used a lead sub and suggested I
do the same. I'm thinkking of changing to sport coil and Pt plugs.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD               '65 Sprite Mk III (funfunfun)
Editor-in-Chief, Molecular Vision       '47 Cessna 140 (in pieces)
http://www.emory.edu/molvis             '87 Horizon (pick-up with full cab)