How long on empty???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: How long on empty???
From: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:33:24 -0400 (EDT)
Just a quick question, approx. how many miles can you get out of your gas
tank while the needle is pointing to Empty?? I've unfortunately had to drive
it like this for about 10 miles, 1 or 2 times, and, I can pretty much watch
my gas gauge go down due to the 2 litre engine in my MG, how many miles can
you get per full tank??
Also, I've noticed, that when my tank is around a 1/2 tank, there are no
fumes whatsoever in the cabin, but, when the tanks full, or near empty, the
fumes are unbearable, to the point of headaches, and burning eyes, I try to
keep it around a half tank, or a little under a full tank.  Why are the fumes
so bad, I know my father has said these cars were always fumy, but, I think
this is a little much, could my carbon cannister need replaced, if so, where
is it?? Any other ideas? Thanks!  Ian Wisbon

                                                                           74
1/2 BGT