Re: Newsletter Names

To: Kevin Mardell <kmardell@julian.uwo.ca>
Subject: Re: Newsletter Names
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:40:15 +1000
At 07:58 pm 24/6/97 -0400, Kevin Mardell wrote:
>>I have recently had the dubious honour of being named president of our
>local MGA club, "The SouthWestern Ontario Hoser Eh's".
>>I would very much like to come up with a name for our "new and improved"
>club newsletter (other than "the newsletter"). So far I have not been
>struck by any divine inspiration and so I am turning to the wisdom of the
>net. Having read numerous postings laced with humour, wit and MG knowledge,
>I feel confident there is a name lurking out there waiting to be made a
star.
>>One of the other local clubs named their newsletter "the oily rag" which I
>thought was quite brilliant. Any suggestions? HELP!
>>Kevin Mardell

Kevin

Some of the names used by MG Clubs here for their magazines might appeal to
you.  Ours in Canberra is called Tappet Chatter.  Others are Wheelspin,
Opposite Lock. An MGB GT V8 register calls its newsletter Pieces of Eight.
There are heaps more but my 'brain RAM' seems to have dumped them at the
moment.  If you want more come back to me and I will have a look at the
magazines my club gets each month.

Since it is an MGA club perhaps you should call it Hot Feet!

regards,

Graham
97 MGF

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia