Re: seat belts

To: elmo@inreach.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: seat belts
From: "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 08:51:46 EST
Date sent:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 02:20:02 -0700
From:           Larry Moeller <elmo@inreach.com>
To:             mgs@autox.team.net
Subject:        seat belts
Send reply to:  Larry Moeller <elmo@inreach.com>

i rolled an XK-150 some years ago & i leaned over as the windshield
frame came down to cockpit level... it was a slow roll... a roll bar is
very cheap life insurance & the extra harness points make a big
difference in ability to control the car in competition... in vintage
racing we all have 5-point harnesses & roll bars at least 2" above the
top of one's helmet... used MGB street rollbars are cheap ($50 or less)
& even legal in some racing venues (not scca)

Along these lines, does anyone know of any used MGB street rollbars?
I hate to bomb the list, but I'd rather pay $50 for a used one than
about $300 that Victoria British charges...
~Mike