Re: My faith was returning until...

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@inetco.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: My faith was returning until...
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 97 21:20:16 -0400
Hello??? David Councill

>>At 10:35 PM 6/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>>
>>>I decided to replace the top seal on the MC too, because it also leaked,
>>>and then to bleed the brakes.  Pumped the brakes a couple of times and
>>>hear psssssss... big puddle under the right rear wheel.
>>

>My adventures today were very similar. After my tire blow up, I finally
>settled for two new 175/70R14 Michelins, sadly as I hated to lose my
>original 165's. But when I took the one tire off, I noticed the hydrualic
>fluid on its side.
>
>No problem, I'll rebuild the wheel cylinder. So I called all over Billings,
>and none could be found (it used to not be this way I thought). But NAPA
>can have me one on Monday, much to the surprise of the clerk. She thought
>she was dealing with some rarity.
>
>I got home and found that I still had a spare kit! So my faith is back and
>hopefully my 71BGT will be roadworthy tommorrow (minus the speedometer -
>that may take a while).
>

>David
>

>----------------------------------
>
>David Councill
>dcouncil@imt.net
>dcouncil@inetco.net
>http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil
>
>---------------------------------------
Get it, Got it Good. Used to live in CO and had a place to get parts, OFF
THE SHELF, now I live in PA, can't get sh*t. I wanted to participate in
the Lansdale " Under the Lights" Classic today. And No Can Do. The kit
that Moss provides with "Universial Linkage" only works if you have a
(Veeeeeeery) long throttle cable. Going to get one from the local MC
shop. I wish I was working (DRIVING) on the MG instead of Typing to this
list.

Life's a Bitch, and then you........

(Drive an MG???)

Larry Macy