Re: FW: 2022

To: pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: FW: 2022
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 09:27:12 -0400
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [pbailey
><pbailey@qnet.com>]]
>
>      Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:45:56 -0700
>      From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
>      Subject: 2022
>
> I was talking to a guy the other day about SB42 and we started wondering
> what (if any) 1997 cars will be collectible,will anyone want a Taurus?a
> Mustang?The only one we could think of is the Miata this is of not
> counting the exotics,XK8,Corvette,etc.It just seems that todays cars are
> boring in design and not something that will be coveted in the
> future....anyone agree or disagree mybe I just have my head stuck up my
> 60s A**...Pat

Pat-

Much about LBC's "collectivity" is nostalgia.  It's what we loved when
we were younger, and it takes us back to a place that we what to be
again.  Granted, LBC's always had character.  Take a look at the
domestic cars that are now coveted by so many.  Talke to someone who
bought a new 57 Chevy, and see if they ever thought that someone would
want one in 97.  My Dad had a 69 Coronet R/T (Fire engine red, white
convert top, Crager mags, Hurst 4-Speed, 440 with Ram Air).  Sold it in
75 for about $600 cause he couldn't believe the car would ever be worth
anything.  Times change, so does perspective.  Someday, that Taurus, or
Camry, or whatever will be collected, just as sure as Edsel's are now.

Regards,

Chris.