Re: What Now??? Midget Brakes

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: What Now??? Midget Brakes
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 21:40:35 -0700
Mark Endicott wrote:
>  I got the shoes at a local parts store and
> they look correct.  The problem is that it looks like the lining is too
> thick and they rub, drag, hell they won't turn.

When I was doing the brakes on my Buick I had the option of 'stock
shoes' or a size a little thicker, to take up slack in a worn drum.
I asked my NAPA guy about this, and he said some brands intentionally
have thicker brakes because they assume your drums are worn too.
Usually this is for big drums, like 11-12".
My '71 Midget drums were still under 7" diameter, with 7.06 being
the max limit. Maybe Midget drums don't wear that much, compaired
to others.
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"