Re: 6V battery

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 6V battery
From: skillman@clark.net (Robert Skillman)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 23:56:43 -0400
What is the application?  I bought two 6V 17HF batteries from Battery
Warehouse (many stores in Mid Atlantic- may be national) for $39.95 each.
They were dry-charged and the store filled them at the time of purchase.
These were for an MGA.  Brand was Exide commercial- no cranking or reserve
is listed on battery.

My MGC batteries wouldn't hold a charge also but I replace both 6v with a
group 26.  I bought the highest capacity one I could find WITHOUT a lip or
hold down protrusion at the bottom.  ie no die-hard.  It fit the battery
tray perfectly.  This was less than $50.00 and should simplify my life, as
it is maintenance free also.

I called some places advertised in Hemmings and found Lucas 6V batteries
for around $80-85 but you had to provide acid to fill them when they
arrived.

Bob Skillman, Ellicott City, MD