Re: Our Cars ... OUR CARS??? Get out of here!!!

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Hert" <hert@worldaccess.nl>
Subject: Re: Our Cars ... OUR CARS??? Get out of here!!!
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 15:33:04 -0400
> For those interested in the reasons of the present trade patterns:
>
> - until now, the dollar was cheap vs European currency
> - cars in western Europe rot, and they hardly do in Florida, California
and
> Arizona

You can add Texas and New Mexico.

> - huge numbers were exported to the USA

I said that, it was about 3/4 to 2/3 that got shipped to uS.

> - in real terms, cars are cheap in the USA

That depends on the car...It is cheaper to buy a Ferrari or BMW in Europe!

> - in many countries, like Holland, no road tax is payable after 25 years
> - local appreciations of types varies; MG TF prices are up in Europe, and
down
> in the USA as I understand from this mailing list.

Well that is true, because in the uS we have more TCs and TDs, so it just
make sence to want a similar car that is more valuable.

> The Dutch guys I know who search for these cars in the USA have to move
> further inland all the time to find them. Also, the rising dollar will
have its
> influence.

I really don't think so.  What the hell is in the middle of the US, a bunch
of corn and wheat.  Who the hell is going to drive an MG thru a farm field.
 Actually most Classic Cars that are appear in the countryside (within a 2
hour drive) from the closed Major city (as this is where most major car
dealers where located).  For proof of this, I think I have an old BLeyland
dealer directory I typed up on PC, email me if you want it.

> BTW, the atmosphere in this thread is turning a bit into the stupid mood
we find
> in a lot of newsgroups. Kids argueing and low level humour. Remember why
we
> don't want to be a newsgroup. Besides, it's not 'our cars'. We are only
> custodians. Oh, and it's still an international mailing list.

1.      This is a free list, and a public forum provided to use by the our
mentor  MJB.
2.      We are kids arguing in lowlevel humor, and if you can't stand a non-
humurous thread you should get on a different list.  Threads were we joke
don't come along every day, so deal with it.
3.      I contributed a VERY good email on this thread, alot earlier than
yours!
4.      I have noticed that in the last 2 years (mainly the last) year this list
has     changed alot.  Now when ever someone jokes, some luser flames him.
That is not the purpose!  If you have a enough time to write a flame, you
have to much time on your hands!  It was more fun when we had "lively"
discussions with more HUMOR and even ARGUMENTS as it brought out        more
info.   But I am sick of the intoleration on this list:

Check this out:

" haven't been on the list for awhile.  I dropped off in disgust due to
all the flaming..." This was email I recieved a few days ago, just so no
one can say, that I am the only one that thinks this.  Apologies to the
author if he is angered by me posting this bit.

> Peter den Hertog
> ex-Cal '74 B (that, in our climate, would have needed three restorations
already
> if it had been here all its life)

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net @ 1966 MGB -- http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg

Dialogue Internet -- Intelligent Internet Solutions

Free Citizen Ship to the KMR (Kai's Military Republic), Passport included.