Re: Turning engine

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Turning engine
From: "David F.Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 97 10:29:27 PDT
Hello John, David, et al.:

I pull the plugs, select top gear, and jack up the right rear. Put a piece
of white tape on top of the valve rocker to adjust. Tape, rubber band, or
otherwise affix a hand mirror to the prop rod, bonnet, whatever and adjust
the mirror so you can see the white tape reflected from where you are
squated by the rear wheel. Rotate wheel back and forth while you watch the
rocker action. Adjust clearance, move tape to next rocker and repeat. Works
for me.

Regards,

David F. Darby
Reflections from the Missouri Ozarks.