Re: Source for Camshaft

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Source for Camshaft
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 19:29:55 EDT
On Mon, 07 Jul 1997 15:52:54 -0500 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
writes:
>A friend of mine is rebuilding his 'B' motor (late model rubber
>bumper)
>and is looking for a brand recommendation and a source to buy a "mild"
>performance or "street" cam.

We sell a really good 270 degree reground cam that adds a nice mid-range
punch without affecting fuel economy, driveability or even ability to
pass CA smog tests. (Yeah, I know it sounds too good to be true but it
really is so!)

Our price is $85 exchange; we have them on the shelf for MGAs (with the
tach driving gear) but currently await more cores so we can get some B
ones done. Price excludes shipping and 7.25% CA tax (if sold in
California); orders accepted by e-mail; almost as cheap as an 800
number......

Regarding the posted comment about regrinds wearing out rapidly, this has
not been our experience and we've been selling these cams for quite a
while. The secret is in using new lifters, proper cam lube and correct
start-up procedures when the cam is first fitted.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com