Speed-ectomy?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Speed-ectomy?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 15:22:31 -0700 (PDT) (22:22 UT)
Since we're on the subject of dismantling dash instruments, does anyone know
how to get the speedo apart?  In the past when I've tried, I've always
been defeated by the odometer reset shaft.  There does not seem to be
a way to get the cover off without bending the shaft.  It does not
push in sufficiently to allow clearance for the cover to come off.
  This is true of the Smiths gauge on Tintin, as well as the Jaeger
on Milou.
  How do you avoid getting the shaft?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*