Re: Pulling gearbox, what else?

To: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Subject: Re: Pulling gearbox, what else?
From: Steve Gibbons <steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 97 22:55:03 -0700
It's been weeks (at least) since I said anything.  I just had to pipe up...

Engine & tranny are now pulled and separated.  The tranny had the advantage of
being luggable by one person and wandered down to Tucson for a while.  While
"down south" it managed to find itself in a mine's high-pressure steam cleaner.
The engine's another matter, and I'm wondering what alternatives I have as far
as finding relatively inexpensive cleaning systems that leave things "clean
enough to eat off of."

For those of you that have been following my trials and tribulations: I've
pretty much decided to keep "Princess Die" as close to stock as she already
is.  i.e. She's got a '69 head and a weber downdraft, why mess with DPO mods
if they work?  (Not to mention that all of the DPOs are family...  :)

--
Steve

P.S. Work pressures forced me to forgo the direct list and join up with the
digestified version.  I'm forced to ignore most of that too, so it's best to
CC: me on anything that you expect a response to.  *sigh*

--
Steve