Re: Battery drain

To: rdb@hooked.net
Subject: Re: Battery drain
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry J. Dickstein)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:41:04 EDT
Dan-
        The first place I would look is the trunk/boot light.  If it has
popped out of it's socket, it will stay on all the time.  Presto- in no
time your battery will be TU.  This is not unusual.   The hi tech way
would be to get your multimeter out and disconnect the  ground cable from
the battery.  Then put one lead on the negative terminal on the battery
and the black lead on the ground cable.  In other words, make the
multimeter part of the circuit.    If you are showing a current flow w/
everything "shut off" you have a leak somewhere.  Start finding the leak
by pulling one fuse at a time and see where the leak stops.  Then you are
on your own.  Make sure the doors are shut or you will run yourself nuts
trying to find the leak.  Remember the interior light.
        My money is on the trunk light switch!!

(How'd I do DANMAS????)

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

Remember, racecar spelled backwards is....racecar!!!