Good News Emissions testing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Good News Emissions testing
From: Truxtun Southworth <tsouthworth@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:35:19 +0000
Well if there is a God of emissions he/she is currently hovering
somewhere over the great state of Connecticut.  I left today for my
annual trip to the Stamford emissions station to pay my ten dollars, go
through the usual process and receive the big F as in failed sticker
that I can proudly display for all to see for another year.   When what
to my surprise do I find but a kinder gentler classic car friendly
reception.  I pull up in line, hand over the registration for my B to
the inspector who states in the nicest way, excuse me sir but this is a
1969 vehicle and we now are excepting all pre 74 cars from this test.
Yea, right I say. So he says, really sir,  you can even have us replace
that failed sticker with a new one that states exempt.  So  I said, see
you later.  Honest this really happened.

Is this a great place to live or what!
So when did they change the law?

Tuck Southworth
69 B unfailingly driving around the great state of Connecticut.