Re: SU Carb piston stuck

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: SU Carb piston stuck
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 20:33:29 -0400 (EDT)
        I wouldn't try pounding on it by sticking a rod through the hole
you might do even more damage. I agree with the preivous comment about
using air, thats always worked for me when rebuilding mc or wheel cyl.
Your hardware store might have a rubber expansion plug that would fit into
the oil hole. If so remove the wing nut, enlarge the hole enough to fit
some copper tube in it. Use the copper tube as the way to get the air into
the hole. If you could take the valve stem out of an over inflated tire
and put a plastic tube from the valve to the expansion plug this might
give you enough pressure.
...Art