Re: MG Midget-Weird noises/accelleration-Q from a novice

To: byers@cconnect.net
Subject: Re: MG Midget-Weird noises/accelleration-Q from a novice
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:49:33 EDT
  You might check the bearing on the first motion shaft on the tranny.  I
had a similar problem with my 74 several years back.  Like to went nuts
trying to find it, til a friend while riding in the car, mentioned it
sounds like the input shaft bearing.  Sure enough it was, which accounted
for the clutch shudder I some times experienced.
 Hope this helps

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget