Productive weekend

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Productive weekend
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:05:45 -0500
I managed to get a couple of upgrade jobs on the 74 GT done this
weekend.  First I fitted a new fuel tank to replace the old (rusty)
one.  I added a fitting to take returned fuel from a pressure regulator
in anticipation of my fuel injection conversion.  I also added a drain
plug as the new tank did not come with one.  It seemed like a good time
to do this sort of thing while I could weld on the tank with impunity ;)
    I also fitted a 90A alternator (85 VW Golf GTI). Thanks to the
person who sent me the info, (I lost the message so I can't credit the
author).
It was not too hard a job; I made up piece of 5/16 SS rod with threads
on each end and an aluminium spacer.  For the adjuster I used a chrome
'universal' adjuster from the local hot-rod shop; I just hacked the
uneeded part off and drilled a new hole.  I had to make up a spacer to
fit between the alternator and the adjuster.  I measured the required
belt size with a piece of string and searched through the local Fleet
Farm stock until I found one with the correct inside diameter.
    I bought a throttle body and MAF sensor off a '92 Escort and the
next step is to make a plenum and intake runners with injector mounts.

Cheers,
Simon

--
Simon Bosworth