Re: Moss motors

To: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: Moss motors
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:19:09 -0400
Aron Travis wrote:

> Steve Tritle wrote:
> >
> > Just returned several parts to Moss and received a call from them
> > stating I would not get full credit for three of the parts.
>
> The first, and only, order I had with Moss turned out bad too.
> I ordered a bunch of stuff of which included some battery clamps and
> hold down bolts, that were wrong for my car.
> When I called to get the return approved, I mentioned
> that the battery stuff was obviously wrong inthat it didn't match the
> picture in the book, but that the part numbers were correct. The
> clerk responed "If it has the right part #'s, than it's the right
> part" and the conversation degenerated from there. It seems, in talking
> to other people, that Moss's service has taken a turn for the worse.
> Many people have said that they would order from Moss for the better
> service, even at the higher prices. But now they can't get the quality
> service anymore.
> Anyone care to comment?
> I've only had one order from Moss, and have only had lbc's for a
> few months, so don't know the history firsthand.
> -Aron-
> "in a frenzy"

Not having the benefit of hearing the conversation, I can't really
comment on your specific situation.  Given the length of time that a
Moss catalog is in print, it is not unusual for a specific part which
was used for photographic purposes to become unavailable.  If a
replacement part is found, Moss does not change it's part #.  The
replacement part may or may not be an exact physical replacement, but is
intended to perfrom the same function.

That said, it may not be uncommon for a generic part (i.e. battery
clamps) to look different from the one shown in a photograph.  This is
common practice for most mail-order houses.  Hence the phone clerk may
have been correct.  If however the part is found to not fit, that should
be remedied.

As far as service in general is concerned, I have found Moss to have
good service.  I don't buy from them (or anyone) exclusively, but when I
do use them I have not been disappointed.

Regards,

Chris Delling