Re: MGB Alternator Problems.

To: David Moore <David_Moore@kaoinfo.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Alternator Problems.
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
To determine if it's the battery or the alternator, might I suggest
disconnecting the battery, and jumping the car?  The car should run on
just the alternator (been there, done that), so if it runs better, then
your battery is somehow grounding out or just bad.  If the car runs the
same (badly), it could be the alternator (or anything else that can make a
car run badly.  Others on the list have suggested that running the
alternator without a battery can damage it, so don't do this for long, or
maybe leave the other car connected?

Hope this helps,

Tom, '60 MGA 1600