RE: MGB Alternator Problems.

To: "David Moore" <David_Moore@kaoinfo.com>,
Subject: RE: MGB Alternator Problems.
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 00:38:45 UT

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-mgs@autox.team.net  On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent:   Wednesday, July 16, 1997 8:02 AM
To:     mgs@autox.team.net
Subject:        MGB Alternator Problems.

     My car had been running real well until Monday Morning.  Only possible
     leading indicator was a slight glow of the dashlight at night.

     However the car now has mutiple simptoms.

     1)  won't idle at all.
     2)  Batteries won't hold a charge

     Car had been professionally tuned and smogged within last 30 days.

     Don't know what to think.

     If I leave it on the charger all night it doesn't get below 5 amps on
     the charger guage.

     By the end of the day I need a jump to get home!

     Any opinions?

<SNIP>

Opinions are like  assholes - everyone's got one and here's mine:  clean your
cable ends and ground connections before you put your new battery in!!!

Dr. Doug
69 C Roadster (aluminum rack fixed butt still in the shop)
69 C GT (Still good looking butt not yet roadworthy)
69 B Roaster (Ugly butt fun)

<UNSNIP>

     Also what is the story with 5 lead alternators and 3 lead alternators.

     Thanks,

     DCM
     71 BGT