Re: Loud music (no direct LBC)

To: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison), smrm@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: Loud music (no direct LBC)
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:14:09 -0700
At 03:30 PM 7/16/97 EDT, Rick Morrison wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:49:49 -0500 The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
>writes:
>>The trouble with music so loud that it can be heard 'miles away' is
>>that it
>>can be heard miles away. One person's music might well be another
>>person's
>>noise pollution. I like some music loud, but not in town at the
>>expense of
>>other people who mightn't have my personal taste. Sometimes the lesser
>>angels of my soul wish we had a noise seeking missle. Like nose rings,
>>large
>>tattoos, and tie-dyed hair, loud music seems to be some sort of "Look
>>at me,
>>I exist!" cry from people who want to be special, but generally
>>aren't.
>>  My .02. . .keep the change :-)
>>
>>Michael, New Bern,NC
>>

>All this reminds me of the stunt my youngest son pulls on the unwashed,
>self-centered idiots who mistakenly pull up beside him at a light, with
>their "thumper" on full.
>   Mike has a very good aftermarket system in his 'Vette, but for quality
>not quantity.  He keeps a tape of classical music ( of which he is fond)
>handy in the console.  It is an outdoor concert of the London
>Philharmonic doin the "1812 Overture".  The tape is kept wound to the
>Battle sequence and just before the sounds of the "cannon". On this
>particular tape, the "cannon" were a couple of 105mm howitzers the Royal
>Army fired for the concert. Really Loud!.
>  When the above mentioned idiot stops, Mike inserts the tape, turns the
>volume HIGH and hold his ears.  Never fails to scare hell out of the
>idiots.
>Rick Morrison
>72 MGBGT
>74 Midget

One small point... but it's the Royal Artillery and the British Army...
call me a stickler, 3 years in the Black Watch of Canada will do that to
you... But I do like you son's sense of humour... now if he could only
ditch the 'vette and get an LBC <g>

Greg
62 Midget

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats