Re: Loud music (no direct LBC)

To: smrm@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: Loud music (no direct LBC)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:30:45 EDT
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:49:49 -0500 The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
writes:
>The trouble with music so loud that it can be heard 'miles away' is
>that it
>can be heard miles away. One person's music might well be another
>person's
>noise pollution. I like some music loud, but not in town at the
>expense of
>other people who mightn't have my personal taste. Sometimes the lesser
>angels of my soul wish we had a noise seeking missle. Like nose rings,
>large
>tattoos, and tie-dyed hair, loud music seems to be some sort of "Look
>at me,
>I exist!" cry from people who want to be special, but generally
>aren't.
>  My .02. . .keep the change :-)
>
>Michael, New Bern,NC

All this reminds me of the stunt my youngest son pulls on the unwashed,
self-centered idiots who mistakenly pull up beside him at a light, with
their "thumper" on full.
   Mike has a very good aftermarket system in his 'Vette, but for quality
not quantity.  He keeps a tape of classical music ( of which he is fond)
handy in the console.  It is an outdoor concert of the London
Philharmonic doin the "1812 Overture".  The tape is kept wound to the
Battle sequence and just before the sounds of the "cannon". On this
particular tape, the "cannon" were a couple of 105mm howitzers the Royal
Army fired for the concert. Really Loud!.
  When the above mentioned idiot stops, Mike inserts the tape, turns the
volume HIGH and hold his ears.  Never fails to scare hell out of the
idiots.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget