midget runs, then dies

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: midget runs, then dies
From: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:20:02 +0000
Hi All,

I have a 77 Midget 1500 with an unusual problem.  When you start it up,
all seems well. Drive it away and within a block or two it starts its
dying/restarting cycle, that is, the tach falls to nothing and the
engine dies.  Upon hitting the starter, it usually starts right back up,
then dies again, either immediately, or within a short distance.  Gas
supply to the carb seems to be good.  I replaced my inline fuel filter
(btw pump and carb) with a clear one, and it filled right up.  Any
ideas?

yours,

Dave