Re: midget runs, then dies

To: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: midget runs, then dies
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:36:50 -0400
David E. Brown wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a 77 Midget 1500 with an unusual problem.  When you start it up,
> all seems well. Drive it away and within a block or two it starts its
> dying/restarting cycle, that is, the tach falls to nothing and the
> engine dies.  Upon hitting the starter, it usually starts right back up,
> then dies again, either immediately, or within a short distance.  Gas
> supply to the carb seems to be good.  I replaced my inline fuel filter
> (btw pump and carb) with a clear one, and it filled right up.  Any
> ideas?
>
> yours,
>
> Dave

We have a 1979 Ford Club Wagon that experienced the same problem.  After
pulling out hair by the handfulls, I finally found the problem.  It was
a bad ignition switch.   I relpaced the switch and never had the problem
again.

Bobby
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *