Re: midget runs, then dies mgs@autox.team.net

To: tboicey@brit.ca, debrown@concentric.net
Subject: Re: midget runs, then dies mgs@autox.team.net
From: JWidell625@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:09:14 -0400 (EDT)
I had the same problem with a 77B. It was indeed the electronic ignition,
which I  replaced with a Pertronix. It must have been quite amusing for
passersby, as when the car would die, I'd pull off the road, open the hood
and do the obligitory tinkering. Apparently, this allowed the ignition to
cool enough to function again. I was quite proud off myself to be able to fix
it by just tinkering with wires, but off course it kept dying every 100 yards
or so. I tow home from a buddy allowed me the time to find the problem, but
not after amusing many people on U.S. 1.

Joel Widell  Marathon,FL