Re: The Calling and alcohol

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Calling and alcohol
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:51:18 -0700
Steve Miller wrote:

> While discussing the future of petroleum as a diminishing resource as
> well as a source of pollution no one has mentioned ethanol. I've heard it
> is a standard fuel in Brazil. Does anybody know anything about using it
> as a motor fuel? It is already a component in California gas and since it
> can be made by fermentation of most carbohydrates it should never run
> out. Any comments?

IMO, alcohol is the way to go. Electric just moves the polution from the
autos to the coal or nuke energy plants. Plus most batteries are a very
toxic pollutant in themselves. Find a California fireman to tell you
about their hazmat training for electric car accidents, it's not pretty.

Alcohol has been tried and proven in drag racing and military
applications. We can make it ourselves, without being dependant on OPEC
or other third world weirdo's. YOU could make your own fuel, wouldn't
that be neat! Put our farmers back in business too. "Buy DeKalb Fuel".
I could go on, this is one of my 'personal' topics, if anyones
interested.....

-Aron-
"in a frenzy"