Re: the calling

To: pbailey@qnet.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: the calling
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:33:49 -0400 (EDT)
As a former Civics teacher I must remind all of us that "them" is us.  We
select the Government, and the laws are a representation of what "we" want.
 Our chosen representatives are responsive to input from us.  However, when
half or less of us choose to go to the poles to choose said representatives 1
in 4 of us or less will determine what happens to the rest of us.  Even so,
we have chosen it by default if we did not vote.  It is in our best interest
to know what our candidates really stand for and not just listen to
propaganda from the left or right to determine how we vote, and it may be in
our interest to fund candidates from public funds so that special interest
money does not have undue influence on OUR
public policy.
So, regardless of political leaning or party affiliation, get involved.  And,
lacking public funding of elections, how about a British Car PAC?  It is an
effective way of getting our collective voices heard.

Bob Shaw

On a soap box
Beside a 57MGA  and a 74MGBGT