Re: A 57 A question

To: Jpl@dbsa.org
Subject: Re: A 57 A question
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 08:07:36 -0400 (EDT)

<< Regarding the tonnaeu (SP) cover. Is this model supposed to have the
 lift the dot studs (male part) on the doors? if so is it four studs and
 how are they spaced? Is it worth putting them in (at present mine
 doesn't have them) what are the advantages/ disadvantage e.g. tonnaeu
 seals better but sidecreens don't.

 Help will be appreciated.
 Safety Fast

 '57 MGA >>

JP,

I have an early '58 MGA and my car has the holes for the studs (male part).
 They did away with these studs later in '58 probably due to complaints about
the studs getting in the  way of peoples arms, which is the disadvantage.
 The only advantage would be if you were interested in keeping the car
original, or if you already have a toneau cover designed for the cars with
this arrangement.  I've talked to quite a few people who cover these up, but
I like originality.  It sounds like your must have been covered up.  If you
decide to go with the studs in the doors I can measure mine and give you the
dimensions.

Scott Helms
http://members.aol.com/trmgafun/index.html
http://www.cris.com/~jamiep/BCW.htm   (BCW in caps)