Re: the weekend from hell

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: the weekend from hell
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 19:13:54 -0700
At 06:46 PM 8/4/97 EDT, you wrote:
     *    *    *
>The sad part is that i have 20-24 hours into someone elses shi**y car
>that will never be used for th purpose intended (I told the bastard to
>buy an MG) and i will have to smoothe talk the wife into the trip to
>maine in two weeks since all MY cars are now lumped in with the spi***re
>- and we all know the world of difference in reliability dont we!!
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster

===Reply===

Hobbyists all learn it the hard way at one time or another.  Never, ever,
ever, regardless of provocation, duress, inducement, charity, good will or
whatever, work on someone else's car.  It just ain't worth it, 'cause if you
make a mistake, you end up paying to have it done professionally, which your
friend/family member would have done anyway, barring your good nature.

And I just offered to change the A/C compressor on my mom's T-Bird, which
crapped out last year.  Too bad they don't make the compressor any more.
And no-one rebuilds them.  (It's a rotten design, a bad knockoff of the GM
R-4, which was a piece of crap anyhow, and Ford only built it for 2 years in
the mid-80s.  But there's a kit that you can get that lets you convert it to
a Sanden or Sanyo compressor.  Only requires a little fabrication, new
pressure and return hoses, brackets, mounts, pulleys, etc. . . .)  :^(

Mark Moburg
MarkMoburg@mindspring.com
New York, New York