Re: More an the weber situation

To: wkube@iadfw.net
Subject: Re: More an the weber situation
From: John Nelson <psychod@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 19:11:52 -0700
> MLishego@aol.com wrote:
> I had to put it on because I bought one of the solid state
> pumps that Moss and Vicky Brit both sell.  The original SU pump had been
> replaced by a PO with some other aftermarket pump that put more fuel on
> the ground than it did to the carb (cracked housing on the pump).  Well,
> the solid state pump had too much pressure for the Weber (measured 5
> PSI) and over ran the float chamber.  So, I bought the regulator and
> reduced the pressure to 2 PSI - all is well.  Chassis dyno tests show
> strong running up to 6200 rpm at 110 mph with no fade.  Now, don't buy
> these items from any catalog vendor.  Both items have the Purolator name
> on them, and you can find them at Pep Boys or Autozone or your friendly
> local auto parts store for about _half_ what the catalog price is.
> (Voice of experience here - I paid the catalog price first, then found
> them in the store.)
>

> Wayne Kube
> '79B
> Plano, TX

I just bought a Purolator solid state fuel pump (exactly the same pump
sold by VB and Moss) at Pep Boys. The regular price is $29.99, and the
part number is PRO #42S. The specifications are as follows: 12 volt
negative or positive ground, 1.5 -4 PSI, and pumps 30 gal./hr..
The hose fittings that come with it are for 5/16” fuel line, so I had to
buy some 1/4” fittings to fit the fuel lines on my Sprite.
I bought the pump as a spare, ensuring that I never have a problem with
the S. U. on the car.

John

            John Nelson
       1965 A-H Sprite MK III