Re: 3M Rubberized Undercoating on inside floors

To: dhall@vcd.hp.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 3M Rubberized Undercoating on inside floors
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 00:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-05 17:21:39 EDT, dhall@vcd.hp.com (David M. Hall)
writes:

> Has anyone sprayed undercoating over paint, and did they have any problems
> with chemical interactions?  I'm planning on using rustoleum rusty metal
> primer, and rustoleum flat black over that.

Well Dave, i wouldn't call it "chemical" but here goes.  I did the same thing
on the floor of my '77 to quiet it down a bit.  Thinking that it was
rubberized and semi-permanent, I sprayed it on before some other work that
needed done.  Whenever i put my feet or anything else on it, the stuff
smeared, leaving your paint bare in that spot.  I re-sprayed it before I
refitted the carpets, and at last glance, it looked OK.  Moral of the story:
spray this stuff on right before you put in the carpets!
~Mike Lishego
P.S. It did help to quiet the car down a bit!